Thursday, April 29, 2010

You're Bloomin' Fabulous!


It's Day 2 of Our Craft Lounge's sneak peeks, and today I am sharing a card made with Pretty Petals, along with a sentiment from another new set, Say it with Flowers, which will be available along with the rest of the sets in this release tomorrow at i {heart} papers.  I used the out-of-the-box technique and Basic Grey's Green at Heart designer paper, whose bright colors are really speaking to me lately.  I feather-stroked with my Copics in both hot pink and orange to color the flower petals.  I used warm grays to add a bit of shadow, but also used cool grays to color the dots of that cute little lady bug!

That velvet corduroy ribbon has such wonderful rich color and texture...it is a little thick to tie into a traditional bow, so I added a button tied with jute instead.  The sentiment, cut with a nesties tag, is held in place with two glazed brads, one of which runs right through the hole made by the MS scallop punch.

If you were here yesterday, you know the guidelines regarding comments and blog candy...and if you missed them, scroll down to find them along with yesterday's peek of the set, Tweet Thang.  Be sure to come back tomorrow for another preview.

Here is the list of today's participating designers:

28 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! This is one set I haven't played with yet, but you have sure inspired me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your floral card. I just got some of that Basic Grey paper - nice and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS coloring and papers, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the flowers!!!!! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors are 'Blooming Fabulous'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Deb, love the technique and your coloring is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMW...the coloring on your flower petals is FABULOUS!! It give the flower so much dimension. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely looove this, especially the background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love the colors you chose for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is just gorgeous, Deb!! Love the out-of-the-box design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! You never disappoint... always knocking my socks off girl! SHAZAM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deb, this is gorgeous! I love your colors and your wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWZA!!!!!! This is AMAZING! I am in love with this card - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful this is!! I love your coloring of these sweet flowers. The dp is the perfect compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, and these flowers are wonderful. They look like they were meant be used with my Copics! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are bloomin'fabulous, too! What an expressive set! So many positives in graphics and sentiment! mt twenty-three stamper at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO cute!! I love the subtle polk dots against the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, WOW card anyone would love to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a lovely card too...but I'm smitten with the ants :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The floral card is sweet and can be adapted for any saying.

    ReplyDelete
  21. No, YOU'RE Bloomin' Fabulous!! :) Thank you for touching my life...I enjoy you as a person, and as a crafter! :) Please accept this award as a token of thanks! :) http://crystalscraftingandrambling.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is bloomin' fabulous! Love the bright colors.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great floral card. I love the flower, I'm really attracted to a flower that is a little unique lately.

    ReplyDelete