Monday, April 26, 2010

Lizzie Anne Sketch Challenge


Today I'm hosting the sketch challenge on the Lizzie Anne Designs blog.  I must admit, I'm not too great at sketching sketches, and coming up with something unique is a challenge in itself since there are so many great sketches out there.  For today's card, I worked backwards, letting the stamps inspire me and then making the sketch from the finished card.

Our new monthly mix, Dream Big, has some great images...this majestic tree and beloved quote are so beautiful!  I thought they would make a lovely clean and simple masculine card using some vintage TPC paper.  The muted browns and greens seemed to go perfectly with this theme.  Everything is sponged with Tim Holtz tea-dye distress ink to give it that warm, time-worn look.

I just want to share with you my photo set-up, because with today's card, it made me smile.  I usually take my pictures just outside our front door, propping my bi-fold background against either a pillar or the bricks, depending on the light...and this is the view from the front door this morning.  Love that giant oak overhanging our front yard.  It is a beautiful, sunny Florida morning.  :)

I hope you'll visit Lizzie Anne Designs, the Lizzie Anne blog, and play along with the challenge!  There's lots of inspiration at Lizzie Anne Land, and with the new sixlets just released, there is some fabulous, fresh eye candy! 

4 comments:

  1. oh, you don't want us to see that card...you want to show off your lovely yard! haha...enjoy the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positively gorgeous, Deb! What beautiful papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, you did a great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete