Tuesday, February 16, 2010

TSOL DT Challenge

 

The design team for the {stamps} of Life was given a challenge by dt member Laura to make a card that could mail for 44 cents flat!  Of course, if you're into card-making, you recognize that that is a sort of pun, because to mail for only 44 cents, the card must pass through a slot that limits its thickness, so indeed it must be FLAT to pass the test!

Oh my!  What a challenge this was for me!  What!?  No buttons, bows or knots, bling, layers, or similar fun stuff that I normally like to use on my cards?  UGH!  ;)

How about some texture then, along with a cute Easter image, some really cute designer paper from the LSS and some zig zagging?  I stamped my image with Memento ink, colored it with Copic markers, cut it out and popped it up just a WEE bit (so as not to flunk the flat test).  Couldn't resist giving her a little bow-tied feathery hair-do (a stray white feather from one of our pillows that I tinted with my Copic marker.)  A scalloped rectangle for the sentiment, printed with TSOL digital brushes, gives just a bit more interest and contrast,  and the teeny tiny jute *ribbon/bow* should barely be noticeable as this card winds its way through the postal machine.

I showed this to my husband, and he wanted to know why did I color the chick pink.  "Don't you remember those little dyed chicks that you used to get for Easter?"  "OH!"  ;)  I haven't seen those in forever, but they sure do bring back some fond memories!  Guess I'm dating myself here!

Check out what Jeanne and Vicki have done for this challenge! Then feel free to play along with us!  Upload to the gallery on the {stamps} of Life website with the keyword TSOLD04. You really should play along because we look through The {Stamps} of Life gallery regularly for new guest designers. No tSoL stamps?  There are a couple of freebie digital images HERE!  I would love if you'd link here too, so I can peek at your design!

9 comments:

  1. So darling, Deb! I was gone for a few days and didn't get a chance to comment on your new cards, but I sure do LOVE them all! You are so amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, how sweet is this!!! Love that birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cute layout and the dp is great with this adorable image. You flat-out did it!!! Yea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this little pink chick/egg and the dp is just darling! Your cards are alwyas such fun, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so cute! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, this is adorable!!!!!
    LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely ADORABLE!! And so SPRINGY!!! The colors and that little birdie just make me ACHE for April (or better yet, MAY!!)!!

    ReplyDelete