Sunday, February 14, 2010

Remembering...

So many wonderful memories of Valentine's Day! It has been a day of romantic celebration, whether or not my Love and I are together. As the wife of a Navy man, I have spent many Valentine's Days alone counting the days until we would be reunited! This year we are very happy to be together, and alone at that! (Our son is on a ski trip with the church youth group, returning tomorrow evening).

On this day in 1994 I was pregnant, and Valentine's Day was my due date...Matthew was born four days later, and I remember spending those first few weeks cradling him in my arms for long hours as I sat and watched the Winter Olympics between naps and feedings. Seems so long ago, but Valentine's Day and the Olympics still bring back such sweet thoughts! Today Patrick and I are watching the Winter Olympics together, hoping that Matthew is having a great time on the ski slopes of North Carolina!

This simple Valentine card was inspired by today's SCS featured stamper, Laurie, aka HamiltonGal. I loved the clean lines of her 15 minute card, and made it my own by replacing the scoring with layers, changing the colors and the images. The stamps I used are from Lizzie Anne Designs' January Monthly Mix, From the Heart...paired with yummy pomegranate retired ribbon, ink and paper from Stampin' UP!

I hope you're having a wonderful day! Take some time to give a little love! What goes around comes around! {{hugs}}

2 comments: