Thursday, January 25, 2024

Love you so much!



Hello everyone!  I wonder how many of you have been given roses for Valentine's Day?!  Most people recognize the red rose as a symbol of true love and enduring passion.  My husband has given me roses for Valentine's Day quite often, and I have a big jar of dried rose petals that I've saved over all these years.  


This little Valentine box was inspired by some gorgeous Ink Drops Rose designer paper.  The rose stamp/die and accompanying sentiment on top are both from our Thinking of You Rose bundle.   

To make the box I cut a 5 x 7.5 inch piece of card stock and scored 1.5 inches from each edge.  (I had planned to put the entire die cut rose on the box top and designed it to size, but then I changed my mind!)  A few snips and a little glue and the box comes together quickly.  The bottom is the same but cut a tiny bit smaller so that it will slide inside easily.  


My husband LOVES chocolate so that is what I've put inside this box, but that's an obvious idea!  What's special for your sweetheart? Maybe a watch or a pen or some concert or sports tickets?  Some jewelry?  A love letter or some poetry?!  It's easy to adjust the box size if you need to, and to adapt the style to fit the recipient, although Valentine's Day is the one time you can probably get away with pink no matter their age/gender.


Supplies:

And hey, all of my fiber artist friends...did you notice that peek of pretty Ewephoric fiber tucked in there under all those chocolate coins? Guess what?!  An un-assembled Jenkins finch fits in there just perfectly instead of chocolates!  If you wanna give your beloved a hint of what you'd like for yourself and how it could be presented!  ☺️

No comments:

Post a Comment