Thursday, May 19, 2022

Proud to be an American


Hello all!

Usually my cards take shape from the outside in, but today's card was inspired inside-out by one of the printed rectangles in a new pad of designer paper.  It's another super simple design since most of the patriotic cards I make go to male recipients and for them, the less fuss and frills, the better.  


You'll have to look closely to see that the oval that is positioned behind the flag is stamped with text.


Since the text on the front turned out to be so faint, I decided to try stamping the inside with stamped off brown ink before stamping the metallic ink on top.  It came out a little darker than I had hoped, but I like the fact that it is more easily visible.   It adds some nice detail to the card without being labor intensive.

Since I can't even read this sentiment without hearing the song in my head, I just had to include the little music staff from God Will Take Care of You.  The stars are from our Patriotic Sentiments set.    

Supplies:

1 comment: