Thursday, May 5, 2022

Happy Mother's Day!


This week marks six years ago that my son Matthew and I took our trip to Italy with the Orange Park Chorale. Seeing all those photos pop up in my memories on FB was what inspired my card for this week.  

I have to laugh because this is one that I may just have to keep for myself!  But that is what is so special about hand-stamped cards...they can be made to be so very intentionally personal for the one who'll receive them.


I love the look of this Prima vintage paper, with its soft colors, lovely script fonts, beautiful scenes from Italy and the postcards/travel theme.  How perfect!  I used our Stamp Simply Summer Roses floral cluster to frame a scrap of the paper, adding a few small accents from the paper pad along with a Mother's Day sentiment stamped and die-cut with a fishtail banner die.  It made me happy that the sentiment was narrow and everything could be arranged to allow the script and the background Ink Drops paper's colors to peek out from underneath.  Everything came out softly shabby chic, which I love.


The Prima paper reminds me of Venice (and the Bridge of Sighs), although the pad is actually scenes from Capri.  


The Ink Drops Candy paper reminds me of the colors of one of the photos that I took right before one of our concerts there, so you can see why this card might feel sentimental to me!  (I might have to make a scrapbook page using the same elements!)      


Our trip took us from Venice to Florence, Lucca, Sienna, and Rome, with four concert stops along the way.  On our very last day there we sang for Mother's Day at the Vatican! 


I doubt any Mother's Day will ever top singing together with my son at the Vatican in St. Peter's Basilica the way we did on Mother's Day 2016!  It was the trip of a lifetime!

On this Mother's Day I will be missing my own mother, hoping to hear from our son, and gratefully celebrating my Mother-in-Law although we won't be able to be together.  Yay for FaceTime, right?!  And I am also hoping that someday soon my husband, son and I can take another fabulous trip abroad!  (Of course, after nearly two years of Pandemic restrictions, I am happy to go just about anywhere!)

I hope you will be inspired to look through your photos and memories and stamp something sentimental and special for you and your loved ones!  Happy Mother's Day to you and yours! Enjoy the weekend!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment