Thursday, April 7, 2022

Freedom Isn't Free!


Between stamping ahead for the upcoming holidays and knitting some red, white and blue plaid socks for Sock Madness, it is feeling quite patriotic around here this week!


The socks are color work plaid with a double-knit pocket, so I am learning two new techniques!  I have a feeling I will get bumped this round because it was also concert week (the chorale I am in sang Rutter's Requiem Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon) and Matthew was home for a visit, so knitting was low on the priority list, but the needles are clicking away now if by some miracle I might still qualify for Round 3! 


Holly used our stamp set with the more traditional flag in it for her post on Monday, but my card uses a more modern rendition of the flag waving across a map of the good ole US of A.  I love both sets and find that sometimes I might choose one over the other depending on the occasion.  For a fun 4th of July event I might use this one, whereas for a card for someone in the military I might go for the more traditional/formal.  


For the front of today's project I combined some wood print designer paper and the tray/plaque from our All Seasons Decor set with the sentiment, accented with a tiny red white and blue star.  


The inside actually almost looks like another card front (and very well would work as one!) using stamped stars with the Pledge of Allegiance.  The square "God Bless America" is a printed sentiment from the paper pad that I cut out and matted with Spellbinders' classic squares.  There is just a hint of sparkle from a light splash of diluted Delicata ink both inside and out.    

Supplies:
My heart is filled with love and pride for my own country, but also with respect, admiration, awe, and so much sadness for the people of Ukraine.  The situation there has made people the world over so very much aware of the terrible cost of freedom.

With continuing prayers and much love.  

2 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful. Those patriotic stamps are some of my favorites. I am amazed at those socks. I am in awe of that detailed plaid and the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! Mine too! The socks took focus but were not as hard as they looked! Glad to have finished them and qualified for Round 3! :)

      Delete