Thursday, March 31, 2022

Planning Ahead!


Hi friends!  

I have to smile and say that I'm thankful that my Stamp Simply design team commitment keeps me ahead of the calendar when it comes to card-making!  Having a deadline helps me to stay organized, and the DT deadlines mean that I'm at least a little ahead of whatever holiday is upcoming!  Otherwise I'd probably be stamping right at the last minute.  (Now, if I can just get better about mailing them further ahead of time!)  

And so, today I'm sharing a Mother's Day card with you!  This will be for my dear Mother-in-law.  (Both of my parents are gone, but we are blessed to still have both of Patrick's parents).  ❤️   


I have previously shared my fondness of irises because of a neighbor and friend of my mother's whose name was Iris, so I was really happy when Stamp Simply added an iris stamp bundle to their floral designs.  When preparing today's card I searched online for a photo of an iris and found this beautiful example of a pale pink iris with a purple throat to use as inspiration.   I love traditional colors but sometimes something a little unexpected can be lots of fun!  Pastel pinks and periwinkle blues seemed so appropriate for a Mother's Day card.  The colors are reflected in the coloring, the card stock, ribbon and rhinestones.


Inside there is more of that pretty pink gingham designer paper and another sentiment from our Iris bundle.  I kept the inside very clean and simple with plenty of room to write.    

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment