Thursday, March 17, 2022

Now and Forevermore


Hi friends!  

Have you ever come across a stamp set that gives you "warm fuzzies" from the first moment you laid eyes upon it?  I am absolutely in LOVE with Stamp Simply's new set, A Man of Knowledge.  While this set definitely gives off a masculine vibe as does my card for today, it certainly is not limited to cards for men only.  


It was my mom who was the bibliophile of our household who passed that love down to me.  For as long as I can remember there was always a pile of books on a footstool beside her favorite chair. She worked for many years in the public library of my tiny Louisiana home town.  


I went on search for an old scrap of map paper from a pad in my stash that came to mind when I first saw this verse.  It looks great with this earthy plaid and gives everything that Old World look and feel.  It reminds me of that musty dusty paper and ink smell of old books and aged cloth and leather and the sound of crinkling pages turning.  I remember the drawer of our coffee table was always stuffed with atlases and maps and tour guides.  


These books were colored with Copic markers and accented with a gold gel pen.  Having a matching die makes this so easy!  We have a stack of old books...classics!...that belonged to Patrick's uncle from when he was boy.  They look very much like these!  


Of course, with the idea of coming and going, there must be keys! I love these skeleton keys dies and used various distress inks and oxides to give them a rustic metal look to go along with the rest of the card.

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment