Thursday, April 21, 2022

Getting Ready for Father's Day!


Mother's Day is coming soon and Father's Day will be not far behind it, so it's time to think ahead and order supplies for those projects.  I'm here today with a fun card full of masculine textures and traditional "guy" things (although I will confess that there are as many tools of mine in our garage as there are his, including a belt sander and drill press)!  


The sentiment and dies I've used for today's project are from one of our newest Stamp Simply sets, A Man of Knowledge.   Since my husband is not that into books (unless they're cookbooks!) I wanted to take things in a different direction.  I combined this sentiment with several prints from two paper pads for his card.  I really love how realistic these papers look.  Patrick was a career Naval Aviation Maintenance Officer so this ought to be right up his alley.  These prints would be great for both of my brothers who are car enthusiasts too! 


The little printed square sentiment from "Workshop" gave me the idea to mount another smaller square card onto the front of the larger card.  The squares are all cut using various nesting sizes of Spellbinders square dies, and the sentiment is a punch out.

I used gray card stock and silver ink for those die-cut gears.  If I'd had more metallic paper I could have used that but I'm almost completely out.


The inside of the card has more of that cool paper that looks like embossed metal.  It makes me think of the drag races since so many cars' trailers have it on them somewhere or another!  The sentiment is a favorite familiar scripture from our Welcome Baby set.

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment