Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Skipping Stones


I am very excited to be posting my first card as guest designer for Skipping Stones Design, and I'm thrilled to be sharing the honor of guest designing alongside the talented Laurel Seabrook!  Sounds like a fun month, doesn't it?!

Yesterday was my birthday!  It was a really wonderful, amazing day!  I started my day with a chat with BFF Wendy, played a few tunes on my brand new ukulele, then went for lunch and a relaxing mani-pedi.  Right after I got home, my dh arrived with a lovely bouquet of roses, and then he took me out for a delicious dinner at Orsay.  Throughout the day, I got tons of birthday wishes from my friends on FaceBook...some were friends I've had for my whole life (love all of you from Westlake!), some are stamping friends from around the country and the world, and some are friends that I've never met but we know and love each other nonetheless!  It was simply the perfect day!

At dinner, the couple next to us was also birthday celebrating!  We had a discussion about how fun it is to have a birthday so close to the Fourth of July!  Halfway through the year from Christmas, when school is out and there are extra days off from work and even fireworks...it is fabulous!  When I was little, I thought the fireworks were all about me!  :)

For most of us, the 4th of July means bands and parades, airshows, backyard barbecues, and fireworks!  That is what came to mind when I saw today's inspiration photo!  

Being the wife of a retired Navy guy and living in a military town, I'm really proud to be American.  I'm grateful for the freedoms we enjoy, and I'm especially grateful for all the sacrifices that our armed forces and their families make to keep us free.  This SSD set is just perfect for saying "thank you!"

Notes:
Home of the Brave
Timeless Textures
Clearsnap ink
Ranger distress ink
Martha Stewart glitter
glue pen
Spellbinder's die
satin cord

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Deb!!! So excited you're joining us for the month at SSD!

    Happy (belated) Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! Great card, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and Happy Belated birthday!! Happy 4th too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great 4th of July card, made me cry! My son is in the Navy, still in A school learning radio control for Submarines, he is also a private pilot. I look at your site all the time and I just love all of your cards. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday, sounds like it was a wonderful day!!
    Congrats on the guest designer position, wonderful patriotic card, love the music background and the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete