Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Getting there!

Since Patrick got back from his business trip to Hawaii our family has been sharing a little *bug* :(

I thought I was gonna make it through the holidays without catching the thing but Saturday morning I woke up with a sore throat. Needless to say, a lot of what was supposed to get done this weekend just didn't happen, so finally today I made a trip to the post office. It actually wasn't as bad as I expected, and our packages still have a remote chance of arriving on time.


It is always a challenge to make the packages we mail to our families look pretty...usually bows get squished and look a whole lot worse for wear by the time they arrive after traveling all the way from Florida to Michigan or Louisiana. This year I opted to wrap their gifts in some pretty paper and tie them with jute. I made some cute little gift tags that are a close match to the paper I used. They were made using the November Stamps of Life set Joy2Christmas, some colorful card stock, Copic markers, a bit of rick-rack and a whole lot of bling! I bet these will outlast their store-bought counterparts and bring lots of smiles to our parents when they receive them. Just a simple little thing, but they will appreciate the time and love that went into them.

We have choir practice tonight...I'm drinking lots of tea and trying to get plenty of rest, hoping to be able to sing Thursday night for our Christmas Eve program. I think tonight I'll just be listening! I'm looking forward to some extra family time and some relaxed stamping in the week between Christmas and New Year's!

3 comments:

  1. Tea and rest should help!! I hope you respond quickly, and feel better FAST!! I love the look of the tags on the pkgs. Great job. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Deb!! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to feeling better soon!!
    These are wonderful tags and umm, wanna do my wrapping next year? I despise wrapping. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags, Deb! I sure hope you recover quickly and can sing at church on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete