Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Color Dare meets MOJO

I'm really glad that the colors for Riley's recent Color Dares have been ones that would work for last-minute Christmas cards! I found that I didn't have as many as I thought, so it is nice to still have time for a few more...here's one using Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, and Soft Suede.

Today's card is inspired by Impression Obsession's Snowflakes, which fit perfectly with this week's MOJO sketch. I stamped the ornament on some white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, then cut it out and lightly inked the edges with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink. I stamped some of the various snowflakes using Pretty in Pink paper and ink, again tea dye distress-inking the edges and adding some sponging with pink ink to brighten the intensity of the colors. The embellishments were kept very simple. I'll confess though, if I had had more teeny tiny pink pearls I would have used them to bling up the snowflakes and the ornament too!

The "Believe" sentiment is from Our Craft Lounge's set, Reindeer Kisses. I believe in the spirit of Santa, and I believe in Christ, the real reason for the season!

As I was making my Color Dare card, I also worked on some little gift card wallets for our nieces and nephews using the same set but in Close to Cocoa and Naturals Ivory...for the inside of these I stamped the sentiment, "May all your wishes come true" from another OCL set, Fairy Dust is a Must, in white craft ink. The words and the fonts work very well together. These little cards are very CAS, and I'm happy that this neutral color combination works for all of 'em regardless of whether they're going to the girls or the boys! By the time you read this they're well on their way!

Visit the Color Dare blog to see some lovely inspiration using this week's colors...it isn't too late to get in on the Design Team call either!

eta: This week's MOJO sketch reminds me of this card I made for the ihp challenge not long ago...it would have fit this week's sketch perfectly!

9 comments:

  1. I just love your card! The non traditional colors are still so festive! I love the sponging. Even if we are sick, we still have our stamps. I hope you feel better before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. They don't look like last minute cards to me. They are well planned and beautifully created. I hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas, and guess what? You made my scrapbook page over on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Deb! I love everything about both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ornament on your first card is so pretty. Nice use of the Mojo sketch. I like the warm colors of the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Deb! Have a wonderful holiday with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous cards! Love the pink one with the subtle snowflakes in the background!

    ReplyDelete