Friday, December 4, 2009

A Different Tree for Henry

Today's card is for my friend Amy whose son Jacob was killed in a motor vehicle accident as he was returning home for Thanksgiving from Penn State University. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child...I think there must be no greater pain in life, and I hope you'll join me in praying for Amy, Sarah (Henry's mom), Diena (Somer's mom), and all the parents who've lost children recently.

My card uses the Sweet 'n Sassy set Trees of the Field. This is a special set because $5 of its purchase price goes toward a memorial fund for Sarah's son Henry. I know that the lovely images and wonderful scriptures of this set will give comfort and strength to those who mourn, but it is beautiful for any occasion. (More at the SNS Blog).

7 comments:

  1. I agree. I cannot imagine the pain, but God is good even through it all. Your card is so elegant, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Deb, and I'm sure she will appreciate your sentiment. How awful for them. Hug your children and grands every chance you get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, ran across your card on Splitcoast. WOW,WOW,WOW. It's stunning and beatifully executed.
    Sorry to hear of your friends loss.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO sorry to hear about your friends loss Deb. Gorgeous card using this wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for the occasion for this card but it is truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful card deb. i'm so sorry to hear about her son ---

    ReplyDelete