Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Color Dare #13

Color Dare 13's colors are Pacific Point, Pink Pirouette, and Rose Red...I am finding that these brighter color combinations are a real challenge for me!

I stamped yet another OCL image from i {heart} papers for this card! I am so hooked! I used Palette Noir ink, then colored with prismas and gamsol to shade these lovely tulips and vase. The pinks were easy, but the blue was a bit difficult to match and required quite a bit of layering of colors to get the correct hue.

I love the dotted swiss embossed background, and since I recently purchased some new Cuttlebug borders, I had to use those on my card! I like how that striped ribbon brings out the rose red in the tulips and the matting. The ribbon image at the base of the bouquet is popped up on dimensionals, but that doesn't show very well in this photo. A very CAS card, but because of the colors, it is an attention-grabber.

Riley's got the rest of our DT's cards posted on her blog! They're always fantastic and I know you'll be inspired! If you like to get the details, you can visit their blogs individually...links are on the right. You DEFINITELY wanna play along...there's a PRIZE this week!

7 comments:

  1. Deb your card is beautiful! As always, you've created a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the 2 Red Bananas design team, Deb! So glad to have a Florida gal out there showing off her beautiful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I saw this card over on The Daily Dare blog and had to come see the details. Beautiful coloring, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, this is so gorgeous!! Beautiful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb! I have something for you. Please click below.

    For My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Deb, you used the colors perfectly! I just love the Pacific Point blue, wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete