Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Late Combo Card

This week's TLC looked SO interesting! I really wanted to try it, but sometimes it takes a while to get my groove going and by then we're out and about for play practice, etc. I didn't get to try it Monday, so I decided to combine it with the Color Challenge. Tuesdays are my longest, busiest day (who says SAHMs stay at home?!) so I finally finished it this afternoon. It always makes me sad to submit late, but I guess better late than never! The person who receives this won't care that it didn't make the deadline! ;)

This technique is really not as hard as it looks, especially if you have a nice sturdy see through ruler to use for marking your window. You lightly pencil it in (whatever size you want) and then mark again ~1/8"-1/4" inside (depends how deep you want it to be...not *too* deep or it is hard to mail). Then you trim diagonally from corner to corner with your paper cutter or craft knife. This forms triangular shaped tabs. The outer marks are folded into mountain folds, the inner into valley folds to make the window, and a piece of cardstock just barely smaller than the original window dimensions fits inside. I stamped my image on a piece of vanilla that was about 1/4" smaller so that the Cameo Coral mat shows from underneath. The teapot (from Sweet 'n Sassy's Warm Up) is paper pieced from the same Basic Grey Boxer 6 x 6 pad as the mat around the window, and then shaded with copics and its stripes, handle and knob colored with a Cameo Coral marker.

All the edges of the card were inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye. I used a nesties label die to cut the sentiment. Some pretty primas give some balance to the colors, and a few dewdrops and some paper piercing accent the frame.

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I LOVE this card. You know...you are on such a roll with this set. I think you are just making me a whole set of cards! Hee Hee. The colors on this are beautiful. Keep the cards coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! What a neat way to frame your image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful!!!!!!! Love the colors and the "framing" around the teapot. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card!! The teapot is fabulous!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous!! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!!! The piercing and dew drops around the frame are just perfect, and these colors are so warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love that you stamped the tea pot on the designer paper, and how you framed it. The colors work beautifully with this set. I hear you about feeling sad to complete challenges "late", but yours was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is beautiful.. Love how you added the rhinestones around the frame. Great job with the challenge.

    Angela (fivekids7)

    ReplyDelete