Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tutu Spooky?!

While blog-browsing yesterday, I came across a fun challenge on Leigh O'Brien's blog, to make a Halloween card using a stamp that is not Halloween themed. I had JUST gotten this cute bear who had not yet seen ink, so I decided to dress him up for the occasion. He didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, but he isn't totally disastrous either.

For his tutu, I used an old piece of pink tulle that I gathered with a loose machine stitch. I inked it with elegant eggplant and basic black ink. Then I made the Trick or Treat banner in MSWord, and stamped Michael's $1 spider webs all over it with stamped off black ink. I distress-inked everything with elegant eggplant, basic black, and a bit of Tim Holtz distress ink. The little square tiles I have had for ages. Craft white webs dressed them up too.

Notes:
Stamps: SU! Under the Stars
Paper: SU! Tangerine Tango, Lavender Lace, So Saffron, Michael's DP, Wal-Mart slab
Inks: Craft White, Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: square tiles, ribbon, fibers, toothpick


I'm headed back upstairs to try my hand at Featured Stamper! Congratulations Anne! I'm so excited for you!

6 comments:

  1. oh, this is fabulous! love the tutu on the bear. and it turned out to be one terrific Halloween card. you did a great job on this! thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOh! Welcome to the bloggosphere! Bookmarking now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out real cute! the tulle is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome, Deb. Who wouldn't love a bear in a tutu?!! Perfect. I hope you'll keep playing. I've changed up the prizes a tad. Thanks again for submitting your card!

    ReplyDelete