Monday, March 7, 2011

No Happy Mail Here Either!


If I had to define my style of stamping I would have a hard time, because I love lots of different looks and enjoy playing in lots of different sandboxes, so-to-speak!  Sometimes it's clean and simple, sometimes shabby-chic, and today, sorta country homespun!  Usually, though, my style isn't very  PaperCraftsy.  I really didn't expect this card to make the cut, but I still thought it was worth the try!  I would definitely love to be published and will certainly keep submitting, although I admit that I won't be putting all my eggs in one basket!  ;)

This is sketch #84 , using a Lizzie Anne Designs image and sentiment from the mix set, Sweet and Spooky, along with some Basic Grey Hopscotch paper, a scrap of lace, and some sheer ribbon.  I colored the image with Copic markers, shading around the outside edges of each button with warm gray, keeping the colors soft and transparent.

I still like it and think it will be a sweet card to send, even if it isn't publication-worthy...and the other sketches will make a great resource for the future!

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet design Deb!! I could completely see it in a magazine, I suppose timing was just off with all of the other submitted so just keep trying :o) I didn't get any picked up this time either...but that's okay, like they say: "it's all good!" Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, Deb. I still can't believe of all the cards I submitted they picked the one they picked and you will likely agree when you see the issue ;). It just goes to show that you never know what they are looking for and when. You keep submitting, GF! All of your work is magazine worthy in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Deb!!!! It's definitely a winner in my book! Those colors are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the colors on this and the sentiment and images are stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome, Deb! Definitely should be in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete