Monday, March 7, 2011

More Cyber-Stampin'!


I bumped into Beate on Facebook again and we decided to do the GKD sketch spotlight "together." It is so much fun to stamp and chat!  I only wish we could stamp together IRL.  Lydia joined us in the challenge and we all uploaded our cards to FB.  (I thought for a minute that I wasn't gonna get to upload mine, my desktop computer was giving me so much trouble!)

My card uses Asela's set, Sew Pretty, along with some October Afternoon Thrift Shop paper.  All of the edges of the paper were inked with tea dye distress ink.  The lines of the layout are emphasized by the contrast of the distress ink against the ivory background, which really draws the eye to the focal image.  Love this set, because it reminds me of learning to sew.  My mom was such a patient teacher!  Love you, Mom!

I love this sunny color palette!  These colors aren't direct opposites on the color wheel but I'm still hoping that this card is an appropriate entry for the current Copic Creations Challenge, to use complementary colors.  If not, the challenge police don't live too far away!  ;)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I was surprised to see you and Beate on GK. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. Your coloring is wonderful! Love your use of complementary colors: bluish and orangish (LOL!). So glad you could join us at Copic Creations ~ good luck to you.
    Hugs...Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, what a beautiful color palette you've chosen and I love the motif. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete