Friday, March 4, 2011

ihp and OCL


It's time for another OCL challenge, and this week the i {heart} papers team is joining in on the fun!  We are CASEing cards!   CASE=Copy And Share Everything!  Your card should be based on another card using OCL stamps, but using a different stamp set.

For my card, I kinda bent the rules a little bit...I combined elements from several different cards that I love.  I looked at cards usng OCL sets made by a variety of artists in lots of different styles, and then also looked at cards made using the set I knew I wanted to use, Drake the Dragon.   I wanted my card to be girlie and frou frou even though the set I used could be interpreted as more boyish!  I love the way it turned out!

Look at this card by Denise...I love the girlie colors, the layers, and the way the colorful sentiment catches your eye in the top right corner.  And this one by Chelle, all boyish colors but with some bejewelled tulle (this is the layout I followed, but with his tail "out of the box").  What about this one by Cambria with its fun color combo and unexpected twist of theme?!  
  
I used some My Mind's Eye Abbey Road Whirlybird Blossom paper to paper-piece part of Drake, coloring in the rest of the image with pale pink Copic markers inspired by Cambria's color combo.  The dots kind of look like scales, don't you think?!  I kept the layout along the same lines as Chelle's, but extended the sentiment beyond the oval as inspired by Denise.  The overall effect is a fun combination of frilly-girlie, in spite of the boyish image.  

Here are the supplies I used for my card:  
Drake the Dragon OCL stamp set
Whirlybird/Blossom two-sided designer paper
Nestabilities oval, scalloped oval dies
tulle
pearls

Here are the i {heart} papers designers that are participating...
and you should check out the OCL blog too!  Hope you've had fun CASEing with us!

11 comments:

  1. So darling, Deb! I love that totally cute paper-pieced dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh that paper pieced dragon is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! I love how you paper pieced Drake the Dragon! Adorable set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That's some piecing job! Love it and love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable!! Love all the girly colors and that cute little dragon. Just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally adorable. Love how you used all your patterned papers to pull this all together into a fabulous card. I'm totally digging your tulle trim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your girlie dragon! The paper piecing is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the polka dot dragon with the pink tummy! I love using a set different than the original intent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the polka dot dragon!! Too adorable. Love the ribbon around the center and the big scallops.

    ReplyDelete