Thursday, March 3, 2011

CPS and Kraftin' Kimmie


Here's Rainy Day Miles walkin' in his wellies somewhere over the rainbow!  ;)  (I have that song on my mind because I'm learning to play it on my ukulele!)  When I saw this new 3bugsinarug Rain Boots paper I just had to have it because of Miles!

I pressed three squares out of a strip of the flip side, a rainbow stripe, but then decided to use the negative that was left to make a frame for the boots, following the CPS 207 sketch.

Miles was stamped with Memento ink on blending paper, colored with Copic markers,  and cut out.  His umbrella was paper pieced from a tiny scrap of another designer print paper, and shaded with markers to give it a more rounded look.

The sky is a scrap of Basic Grey designer paper.  A little black stitching and a black mat underneath gave some definition to the design and made the colors seem brighter, especially the sweet mango card base!  Of course, to feel finished, it needed a bow "cloud and sun," some buttons and bling!

Hopefully this card will bring some sunshine to someone's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment