Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ihp DT challenge!

Once a month (on the 3rd Tuesday) the i {heart} papers girls participate in a design team challenge.  I always love seeing what each of our designers come up with, and hearing their comments about the challenge... sometimes (more often than not!) they say it's a doozie!  I think this month they will say it was a piece of cake!

Recently Kate has been adding an incredible amount of new inventory from CHA to the store, and we are all chomping at the bit to get our hands on it!  (Some of it has been practically flying off the shelves before we even had the chance to order any!  It sold out in less than 12 hours!)  I figured I had better challenge the girls to make a project using at least two products that are brand new releases from the Winter CHA show because if I gave 'em a challenge that narrowed their choices with all this new stuff just begging to be played with, they might not {heart} me anymore!  ;)

I've had a little Target $1 spot bottle of vanilla body lotion just waiting to be altered (along with a matching jar of hand cream and lip balm that I'll need more matching ribbon to finish).  What girl doesn't love something pretty to display that is ready and waiting when the moment arrives for a little self-pampering?  I chose an elegant floral from Graphic 45's new Le Cirque designer paper, and a sentiment from Our Craft Lounge's Pretty & Pampered. to complete my project and matching card.  I used a variety of nestabilities, some tea-dye ink, and made a few rolled flowers from scraps of the double-sided paper.  Some black rhinestone Zva Creative bling adds some subtle sparkle (see OCL's challenge for this week).

If you look closely, you'll notice that some of the rolled flowers (on the lotion bottle) are nice and neat, others (on the card) more irregular and loose.  Some were die-cut, others hand-cut in either circular or oval spiral shapes.  I find the looser, hand-cut, less perfect look more appealing, and enjoy making different sizes, but love having the option of a die for when I'm in a hurry!  

Here are the ihp products I used:
Our Craft Lounge Pretty & Pampered
Graphic 45 Le Cirque designer paper
Memento ink
Tim Holtz tea-dye distress ink
Nestabilities petite ovals (small and large), fancy tags, labels 2
Sheer gold ribbon
Zva Creative bling, adhesive dots (1 mm and 2mm thick)

I know you will enjoy seeing the rest of the team's projects!

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic Deb. What a lovely way to dress up this bottle. And your matching card is adorable with your paper flowers. You did a wonderful job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow ~ this is gorgeous Deb! I love how you used the sentiments from the new OCL set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did to that bottle! AND I'm always a huge fan of those little rolled flowers. An absolutely stunning set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!! Someone won't EVER use that lotion--it's too pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rolled flowers- I like the imperfect ones the best too! I'm with Megan, nobody will use this lotion 'cuz it's too pretty!! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the deep colors here Deb. And don't be silly- we'll always {heart} you no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Wow, didn't realize how gorgeous that paper is. Need to get my hands on some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just lovely, Deb! The OCL set works perfectly here.

    ReplyDelete