Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stamping Simply

I have been exploring Bloggerville for the various challenges which are offered each day, and I came across several that were really fun. Some are more challenging than others, and I would say that while making a simple single-layer card would seem to be easy, pulling it off well is actually more challenging than just about any other challenge I've tried. It is nice when one can stamp simply and the result is elegant, especially when time is short and the list of recipients is long. My friend Sharon Johnson is the queen of stamping simply and I am always amazed at her designs.

This card was made for the Stamp Something challenge to stamp a single layer card. I used a single layer of white cardstock, stamped with the bough from SEI's Alpine Frost. A luxurious bow and pretty pin are the only embellishments. I hope you like it! This set and beautiful ribbon are available at i {heart} papers.

18 comments:

  1. Deb, I love this simple but oh, so classy card! Sometimes simple is better. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ~ totally love that card chickie! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card so simple yet so beautiful, this stamp is so pretty! You made a wonderful card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo gorgeous. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and elegant...love that bow! Single layer is the hardest for me too!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity and elegance of this card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so cute, so simple and elegant.
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! What a lovely holiday card, that ribbon is beautiful and the hat pin is a nice accent. Thanks for playing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Deb! Welcome to the SNS DT! I look forward to working with you and seeing more of your work! Off to surf your blog now! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb -- your card is FABULOUS!!! TOTALLY FABULOUS!!!! And I couldn't agree more about 1 layer cards being harder to pull off!!! You did a fabulous job!!! And I've never heard of the Stamp Something Challenge -- thanks for that info!!! And I didn't know you were Blogging -- huge congrats! on that as well!!! WOW -- this one stop was a treasure trove of information!!!! I'll link you, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb, this is gorgeous. Elegant simplicity at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous!! love that yummy ribbon. so elegant! thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb, this is gorgeous!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete