Friday, November 21, 2008

Chocolate...YUM!


Today's limited supplies challenge was to make a card using something chocolate for the theme of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! My order from i {heart} papers had just arrived, so I had no problem deciding which yummie papers and stamps to use! This challenge seemed tailor-made for what I had ordered!

Don't you just love this delicious plaid MME paper from Kate's store?! There are several coordinating prints that make mix and match really easy. I stamped this Inkadinkado swirlie frosted cupcake using Palette Burnt Umber, then colored it using a relatively dry aquapainter and ink from the lids of my close to cocoa and regal rose ink pads, followed by a bit of shading with some chocolate chip. All the edges were sponged with Tim Holtz distress inks. This layout is from Saturday Sketch.
Scroll down for a chance at some fabulous blog candy! You have until Sunday evening!

6 comments:

  1. Deb, this card is great!! Those papers are lovely... I want some, but then again... I have so much dp laying around.... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I love the colors you used. I have this set too. I need to play with it some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy card! Love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow awesome card Deb!! I love the cupcake and the dp is to die for! This card is the cutest! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors and papers are fantastic!! And love the little trio of ribbons!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete