Monday, November 24, 2008

Blog Candy Winner and Today's Challenge!


I SO enjoyed reading all of your comments regarding what you love about where you live! I love where I live too! It is close enough to the city to enjoy things like the Nutcracker at the Theatre, but still small town enough to bump into a familiar face on a regular basis. And best of all, my husband, Patrick, who served the USN for 26+ years, is finally retired and home with my sweet Matthew and me!

Congratulations go to the winner of i {heart} papers' blog candy, my friend Judy, who left the 45th comment!

Today's challenge, a gift card holder, is made with gorgeous Wassail designer prints and SEI's Alpine Lace stamp set, both from i {heart} papers. I marked a circle with a pencil, then stamped around it using this small pine cone stamp colored with old olive and close to cocoa markers. I kept this very simple because I wanted to be able to use it to hold a man's gift card, and usually men just don't like things too fussy. A slit punch closure and a button laced with a scrap of red hemp were all it really needed.
I hope you are having a fabulous week already! And to my US friends, enjoy your Thanksgiving! I will be starting my cooking this afternoon!
Blessings to you and yours!

3 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out! I can see I need more "nature" stamps for some masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! How fun!! Thanks for Random for picking me! LOL

    Fantastic gift card holder - what an awesome design, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Judy!!

    Deb - love your card and the wreath of pine cones!! Congrats on hubby retiring... we've got 18 months until we retire (but who's counting?!)
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete