Thursday, March 21, 2024

Sunny Days & Hugs


One of my spinning friends just spent 10 days in hospital for testing/Rx and commented about how nice it was to be home, to sit next to the patio door in the sunshine...so this is for her.   When I saw this card sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, I immediately knew exactly what I wanted to do!


This project combines stamps and dies from several of our Stamp Simply sets.  The sentiment on the front is from our Typewritten series.  The leaves are from the die set that goes along with one of our floral clusters. 

The fragile purple "net" that I used to accent the floral spray is actually a "recycled" plastic bag (the kind that shallots come in at the market).  I cut it into narrow strips and then stretched and tore them.  They add a delicate loose quality to the arrangement of leaves, flowers and ribbon.  


The tulip and the sentiment inside are both from our Get Well Tulip bundle. 

I hope this floral card with its sunny yellow will bring a bit of warmth and happiness to my friend to help her feel better ASAP!  

Supplies:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love the second one. Purple is my favorite color so I always pick purple before anything else!

    ReplyDelete