Thursday, March 14, 2024

My American Hero!


Today's card is a relatively clean and simple one that represents many years of hard work!  After 28+ years with the US Navy and another 17+ as a civilian with the Department of Defense, my husband will finally be retiring!  We are eagerly counting down to the day, April 1! 


He is a no nonsense/no frills kinda guy, so this style is absolutely perfect for him (and usually I show him my cards right after they're made but this time I managed to sneak it past him!) so it will be a nice surprise when the day finally arrives.  


I used a variety of Stamp Simply's patriotic sets to make it along with one sentiment from one of our All Occasions Sentiments sets.  


The patriotic star peeks through from the inside since the card front has a cut-away made with Spellbinders' circle dies.  I used the largest dies from each set, measuring ~ 2.25 inches above and to the left from the bottom right corner.


And here's the inside...again, clean and simple and directly to-the-point.

I might've wondered what it would be like to have him home 24/7/365, but Covid took care of that!  He has been working from home since the beginning of Pandemic, so we have already gotten over that phase of the game!  But now we'll get to do whatever we want to!  ❤️

So grateful for this great country and for my husband's service to the United States of America for all these years.  

Supplies, all from Stamp Simply:

No comments:

Post a Comment