Thursday, November 16, 2023

Peace on Earth


Hi friends!  I'm back with another combination of old and new stamp sets.  For some reason I have been drawn to these colors and this particular designer paper print, maybe because it is so peaceful, because it has been so chaotic in our house for the last several weeks.  (Finally the wood floor repair is finished and things are slowly returning to normal!)  



I absolutely adore our new angel stamp set!  When looking through my other sets I noticed that the swirls in the star from this older set seemed to go well with the swirls on the angel's dress, so I thought I'd combine the two, especially since the scriptures work so perfectly for a "Silent Night" scene.  


The star and the angel were both stamped with Memento grey ink, colored with a combination of Copic marker warm greys and cool blue-greens which softly harmonize with the colors of the designer paper.  I added a few strokes of clear Wink of Stella to add some sparkle but that is really difficult to capture on camera.


Once again I used Beate's side step card tutorial for the layout.  I am forever revisiting her tutorials on SCS.  


For the inside I used another paper print from the same designer paper pad.  Inside and out, the sentiments were stamped directly onto the designer paper.  I'm grateful for a stamp positioner so that I can stamp layer upon layer of ink to get really even coverage.  

Supplies:
Before you go, here's this week's Wild Wednesday special!

No comments:

Post a Comment