Thursday, November 9, 2023

Angels' Glad Tidings


Hi y'all!   Well, it's that time of year again!  Time to make hand-stamped holiday cards!  Actually, it is a good idea to make a few along the way all through the year, but if you haven't done that, now is the time or you could end up on a really tight timeline!  This last quarter of the year always seems to get really busy and time flies by!


My cards for today were inspired by some designer paper and a Tim Holtz greenery die cut that I used a couple of weeks ago.  I had cut and colored two and had the spare still on my desk.  It seemed to go really well with this designer paper printed tag (you'll see what I mean as you keep scrolling), so I grabbed some of our stamps (old and new!) to add to it.


I started out with this combination of sentiments and swirls from our older Christmas JOY set and the new Worship & Praise.  I love the look of the sentiment in black ink layered over top of the silver swirl.


I paper-pieced the angel for the inside, adding the JOY sentiment to the lower left corner.  

This version fits nicely into a standard envelope and is flat for mailing.  


Then I decided that I should try the same design in landscape format rather than portrait, thinking the angel would look so pretty on the front.  This paper pad is convenient for that since it includes two of each of the printed tags sheets.  Not exactly "assembly line" but it does save time to do a second card of a similar design rather than designing completely from scratch.  In this case, since the angel's dress is fussy-cut it is a little detailed for "assembly line" production anyway, but would be perfect if you have a few special folks on your mailing list.  

I probably could have made this second card into a standard sized/regular envelope card as well, but decided that the angel showed up so much better when mounted onto a tag.  I always love tags but to me they seem especially appropriate to use on Christmas cards.  I can just imagine this card topping a gift simply wrapped in shiny, plain white paper (ha! freezer paper anyone?!) with a big blue bow!  


So here's that extra sprig of greenery that I mentioned earlier.  Isn't it a nice match for this paper?!  I love how all of these elements from different sources work so well together.

Supplies:
Remember also to check out our weekly Wild Wednesday specials on the Stamp Simply blog.  Here's this week's!



No comments:

Post a Comment