Thursday, March 30, 2023

Thin Blue Line/Thank You for Your Service!



Welcome back!

The house across the street from the turn into our subdivision has flags on either side of their driveway, one the American flag and the other one a police flag representing "the thin blue line" so I was inspired to make a Thin Blue Line thank you card.  


I used one of our Stamp Simply patriotic stamp sets, stamping with Memento ink and coloring it with Copic markers.  I used a few neutral grey colors, along with several shades of gold and blue. Using darker greys rather than true black allowed the stippled shadow details of the stamp (stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black) to show through since it was stamped in darker ink.   


I used red and blue Copic markers to color strips of card stock, then glued them next to one another atop another scrap of card stock and die cut them with a banner die.  The sentiment was stamped on another banner die from the same die set.  


I learned while reading about police flags that police officers wear silver badges, and detectives wear gold, so I decided to include a star "badge" on the card front.  This is a Spellbinders die that was scored from the point of each star to the  ^  angle between two points, then folded mountain/valley style to make it three-dimensional.


Another thing I learned in my research was that there are colors for other disciplines of public service as well.  There are so many public servants to whom we should voice our gratitude!  


Here's a peek at the inside.  I stamped the word collage stamp in black, accented with silver Delicata stars, and carefully colored the words RED, (white), and BLUE their respective colors.  That would probably have been easier with colored gel pens but since I didn't have any I just used my Copics.  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment