Thursday, January 5, 2023

The Vine


Happy New Year everyone!  I hope your 2023 has had a happy start! 


It has been blissfully quiet here in our household, one of the reasons I always treasure the week between Christmas and New Year's.  I usually participate in some sort of "12 Days" celebration...for the last several years I've participated in two fiber offerings that count down from Christmas Day to Epiphany, so I've been enjoying opening a little "gift" of fibery goodness each morning, this morning's being the last since tonight is 12th Night and tomorrow is Epiphany.  Here's a peek of the first five days of one set.  I'm still working on spinning the first singles of Day 4. (You can see a spun "turtle" for the first three days.  I'll spin a second singles for each day from the remaining fiber and ply the two singles together). 


These gorgeous little "sticklebatts" of fiber are too luscious to rush through, so I like to take my time spinning them to savor the beautiful colors and the feel of all the lovely textures as they pass through my fingers.  It will probably take me a while to finish them, especially since I am spinning the entire 11 ounces with spindles (one Jenkins Finch which is a Turkish drop spindle, the other a supported spindle from Woodland Woodworking).  


My Stamp Simply project for today is a simple card of encouragement using paper, sentiment and dies all along the same theme, The Vine.  I love this passage of scripture which seems to hit home all the more fully in the bleakness of Winter.  (I, for one, am glad that Winter Solstice is behind us and that we are headed once again toward longer days and shorter nights.)  


For my card the sentiment is what inspired the Vine theme, but your inspiration can come from *any*where!  Browse our stamp sets and beautiful Kaisercraft papers for all kinds of ideas!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment