Thursday, January 12, 2023

Hello Beautiful


My Valentine is my guy who likes no-frills masculine cards, but every once in a while it is really fun to make something really pink and girlie, the kind of card I myself would like to receive, the kind that we all identify with when it comes to the traditional Valentine's Day card (right alongside roses and a box of chocolates!)

This Stamp Simply project started with a piece of pretty Baroque paper that reminded me of lovely woven fabric for home decor or women's fashions, which then inspired the pleats, lace, ribbons and floral accent for the layout. 


I love browsing the fabric stores to find the perfect fabric pairing for an outfit, so I similarly flipped through my Ink Drops and Grunge paper pads to find a couple of great matches to use together here.  Using a light application of Victorian Velvet distress ink on the edges of all the papers helped to unify the colors and give the design a more elegant, finished look.  


The floral accent is a combination of seam binding, variegated silk ribbon, jute thread and paper flowers atop some beautiful Venise lace.  I love how the colors and textures all work together.  


The inside includes another scrap of beautiful Ink Drops along with a Valentine's Day sentiment.  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment