Thursday, December 15, 2022

Time to be Merry!


I have a real soft spot for fancy fold cards and periodically peek on Pinterest for ideas.  This one was inspired by this post which includes measurements for scoring the card base.  I adjusted the size of the focal image panel to fit our lovely seasonal wreath.    


Here's a bird's-eye view of the fold so you have a better idea of the card's construction.  Lots of places to put coordinating prints of lovely, colorful designer paper.  I pulled sheets from three different pads for this one and kept the colors traditional except for the pale green of the poinsettia.  


The "Time to be Merry" sentiment gave me the idea to use my Tim Holtz dies to embellish the wreath as a holiday clock face.  The tiny numbers are from Tim Holtz's Postale die set; the clock hands are arrows from our Farmhouse dies set. 


Of course, clocks have gears and the old timey ones often need winding so I added gears and skeleton keys from our Man of Knowledge set onto the peek-a-boo panel.


Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment