Thursday, December 8, 2022

Christmas Peace

 


Hello my friends!  I hope you're having a happy December so far! I can hardly believe that Christmas is just a few weeks away. There's still so much that I want to accomplish, and I'd also like to take plenty of time to just savor the Season.  


Last week I played around with distress inks and some scraps of watercolor paper which I've incorporated into this week's Stamp Simply project, a Christmas tag.  I pressed various colors of distress oxide and metallic inks onto my craft mat, spritzed them and the paper with water for the "Spray and Smoosh" technique. They've had plenty of time to dry since then so for today's stamping session they were ready to stamp and die cut without any more waiting.  


The watercolor paper that I used for the background (on top of a die cut tag of white card stock edged with metallic inks) included various colors of green, blue-green and red with splashes of silver and copper.  The ornament, also of watercolor paper that had been smooshed with only silver and copper, was stamped with Memento ink, then given just a tiny touch of Copic marker shading and metallic gel pen accents.

So here is the ornament tucked into the branches of a Christmas tree.  The greenery was cut from textured card stock smudged with silver ink, nestled with berried branches of metallic copper card stock and splashes of diluted metallic ink and diluted acrylic paint "snow" (I'd have used SnowTex if I'd had it).    

Some of our real-life ornaments have a tiny silver tag, so I added one to this ornament, stamping it with the peace sentiment from the companion set with the candle, Christmas Peace.  So this project uses the smallest and the largest of the dies in the Tim Holtz tag collection.    

While simple sticky tags are fine for some gifts, there are definitely plenty of occasions to have something a little more elegant on hand!  This would make a pretty tag for a simply wrapped gift, or an embellishment for a nice bottle of wine to share with the host of a holiday celebration (especially on a dark green bottle of red!)

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment