Thursday, August 11, 2022

Sing to Him a New Song


It is rare that I make a card that doesn't use designer paper because I love it so much, but this is one of those days!  Today's Stamp Simply card is made with only one stamp set along with several colors of ink and Copic markers.  The branch was stamped with Memento ink and colored with Copic markers.  Then I used a transparent soft blue ink and a scalloped circle to mask and sponge in the sky background.     


I used Spellbinders' rectangle dies to cut a window through the top layer and green mat to allow the layer below to peek through.  It's white card stock with the same sponged sky applied over the music staff and sentiment.  I also gave the paper an edge of color with a red Copic marker, since I did not want to add a fifth layer which would have made the card even heavier.  That pop of matching red really grounds the rest of the red scattered throughout the design.


Here's the inside, just a pretty sentiment, and a small colored twig to carry the theme from the front to the inside.  (I might have opted to add the same sponged sky to the inside had my sponge not started to disintegrate!  I need to order more).  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment