Thursday, July 21, 2022

Christmas in July!


Hi everyone!  I missed you last week!  I was not intending to take a week off but, after taking a vacation to see my husband's family, I brought a "bug" home with me.  I have been sick for over a week!  It is not Covid (two negative tests) and it is not Strep.  I don't know exactly what it is but I would not wish it on anyone! I've been coughing my head off!  It's so exhausting but, enough about that!


I am a "keep Christmas in your heart all year" kind of person and have a small pencil fir tree that we keep up year round that has lots of hand-made (by Mom and me) ornaments on it, so when Stamp Simply has a Christmas in July sale, that is right up my alley!


Today's card started with a small square of embossed paper from Kaisercraft's Under the Gum Tree paper pad.  I stamped the sentiment (first with stamped off Memento Rich Cocoa and then topped with Delicata Celestial Copper ink) and then added a fussy-cut farmhouse ornament accented with die-cut greenery and a canvas ribbon.  


The ornament was stamped with distress oxide inks in various shades of pink/red/brick topped with an edging of that beautiful sparkly copper.

For the background layer inside and out, I used a baby wipe with the mesh layering stencil to swipe a translucent layer of shimmer. The sentiment inside was stamped using the same layering method as was the one on the card front.

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment