Thursday, June 9, 2022

My Refuge and My Fortress


Masculine cards are often quite challenging but often (at least for my guys!) less is more, and that is especially so when the card needs to be sent via the postal service.  This card with its beautiful Ocean background paper, an embossed sentiment, and Copic colored focal image (all from Stamp Simply) on dimensional foam adhesive should go through those postal machines without mishap. If this were to be hand delivered instead, it would have been fun to add a big nautical knot for an accent!  


With watery backgrounds like this I will often use splashes of diluted white paint to integrate the foreground image with the background, tapping a loaded brush over my finger (like striking two wooden drumsticks together) to create the splatters.  The amount of water you use in relation to the amount of paint will determine their size.  I should have tested on a scrap before splashing this time!  I was a bit disappointed that these splats ended up so big and round and opaque, a sure sign that my paint was a bit too diluted.  I blotted some of them with a paper towel but because they're water-based on top of Memento ink, I didn't want to fiddle with them too much!  So let my experience be a lesson for you to test on a scrap first!


The font of this sentiment from A Godly Man coordinates perfectly with those from our Lighthouse series.  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment