Thursday, June 2, 2022

Kinder-Grad Congrats!


Hi friends!  I'm here with this week's Stamp Simply project.  I suppose I have been feeling nostalgic since Matthew graduated from FSU a month or so ago! I was remembering his kindergarten graduation (still have his little white gown), and even the big red brick building where I went to school way back when.  (Did y'all have a red...or a yellow...brick building? We had both that were built in different eras!) Anyway, all that is what inspired this CAS little kinder-grad card.  


I used the long skinny banner die from our fishtail banners to cut the pencil from scraps of paper adding accents with a score tool and old zig-zag edge scrapbook scissors.  The cap stamp, one of the tiny stamps in our Stick People set, has its own tassel but I thought it would be fun (especially since FSU colors matched these papers!) to make one from floss.  Couldn't find my box of floss so I ended up using burgundy and gold regular ole sewing threads.  


I kept the inside super simple too.  I designed this card so that even the earliest of readers would be able to read and understand it, but that their parents would have warm-fuzzies remembering their own school days too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment