Thursday, January 6, 2022

Thanks a Bunch!

 


Happy New Year!  As this year begins, I am looking forward with a heart filled with hope and gratitude, praying for a year of good health and warm, thriving relationships with family and friends both near and far!  


We had a lovely Christmas!  Our son was home for Christmas week and Time did its funny "slower-than-usual-but-still-flying-by" thing...all too soon the holidays were over and it was time for the two fellas to return to work/school.  


We've kept our decorations up throughout the entire 12 Days of Christmas until Epiphany, and since today's the day, they will soon be put away and I'll bring out a few Mardi Gras decorations.  It's time for King Cake!  


I've been participating in a couple of 12 Days of Christmas spinning challenges, opening a little package of fluff each morning.  It has been so peaceful each evening to enjoy a cup of homemade eggnog while spinning in the glow of the twinkling Christmas tree, and especially on those rare evenings when it was cool enough to have a roaring fire in the fireplace!  (I'll share more about my spinning after sharing my Stamp Simply project for today, so if you're interested in the fiber arts part, it will be toward the end of today's post!)


We're having a Happy New Year sale during the month of January at Stamp Simply which includes May Arts ribbon and Graphic 45 products, so my project for today uses both.


I had some wonderful gifts under the tree, so today's project is a thank you card using one of our stamp sets that coordinates beautifully with this gorgeous G45 designer paper.  The focal image was stamped onto white card stock with memento ink and colored with Copic markers.  It looked too stark white compared to the background paper, so I added some blended alcohol inks in coordinating colors and stamped off some cursive text to grunge it up just a little.  So much better!

I used Spellbinders classic squares to cut and mat this focal image and popped it onto dimensionals on a hand-cut tag, tied onto the card front with silk ribbon.  We have some beautiful variegated silk ribbon that I debated using which includes all the right colors, but I decided to go with the solid watermelon red ribbon which really brings out the bright red of the cherries.  I could not resist using a little scrap of the other one though, because it included the perfect green-ish gold of the pears in the background paper!  I also added a little pink jute string for texture, loving the look of the rustic against the silky-soft.      


The inside of the card includes another stamp (again, colored with Copics) from the same set with a coordinating sentiment (there's actually a trio of sets that work together).  I added a splash of Delicata ink to sparkle things up just a little.

Supplies:
I'm so thankful for fiber arts and paper crafts and for all the peace and joy that they bring!  I can't tell you how often I've turned to such "right brain" activities to sooth my spirit and find calm in the midst of stress and strain.  2020 was the year of learning to knit socks, so we shall see what 2022 shall bring!


I'm always spinning with Turkish spindles which are easy to take on-the-go.  This fiber is Day 2 from Inglenook Fibers on a Jenkins finch Turkish spindle. 


A cute little snowman spindle was one of my Christmas gifts!  Isn't he adorable?!  This fiber is actually from one of last year's 12 Days sets, and I'm still working on it!  Savoring, since it is so luscious!


I'm trying to improve my technique with supported spinning.  This fiber is Day 1 from Woodland Pixie.  All of the supported spindles shown in these photos are from Woodland Woodworking.  LOVE Carl's amazing spindles which of works of art within themselves.


I took one braid of fiber from Three Waters Farm and divided it by color, making it into rolags to spin long draw on the wheel, another technique that I'd like to perfect.

Thanks for visiting my blog and allowing me to share my crafts with you!  May you and yours be blessed with health, happiness and prosperity this whole new year through!  


No comments:

Post a Comment