Thursday, December 23, 2021

Happy Winter Birthday!


I needed a quick-to-make, simple/no-frills, masculine birthday card.  The guy's degree is in forestry/wild-life management, so I thought he might like this designer paper.  


I stamped the little fir branch from All Seasons Decor onto the edge of a die-cut circle, adding a snowflake and banner sentiment to the center with a die-cut fir branch and burlap string bow as accents.  I had intended to make this symmetrical but then decided to go slightly off-center to show at least one complete tree in the background.


The papers on the inside are all punch-outs from the Wonderland paper pad in the kit.  

I've been into spattering everything with diluted inks/paints lately. The amount of water used really affects the size and amount of the spatters.  In this instance the vintage photo distress oxide was a little too dilute, which made the spatters larger and more plentiful than I wanted, but you know, he'll be ok with that!  He is a get out there and get dirty (hunting, fishing, yard work) kinda guy, so it's alright!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment