Thursday, November 4, 2021

Thinking Outside the Box


Hello friends!  I'm back today with another new stamp set from Stamp Simply!  This is our new All Seasons Decor bundle!  It is such a fun stamp set that can be used in lots of different ways.  

This set is designed with a box for displaying a variety of decor items, but the box reminded me so much of one of the cute Christmas signs that I put out when I decorate every year that I decided to color and embellish it as a wall-hanging.  


The  sign I've modeled my card design from is a small plaque with routed letters and a narrow wood border nailed on as a frame. Stars, hearts, and snowflakes embellish the edges.  Here I used a small wooden heart along with stamped and die cut greenery and rhinestone berries.


There are lots of interchangeable stamps, sentiments, and dies in this bundle and some of our other seasonal sets work well with it too, so the ideas and combinations are endless!


I love getting extra mileage from my stamps and supplies, so I decided to continue to think out of the box (pardon the pun!) for this set, and used the die for the olive oil bottle to make a tall pillar candle for the candle stick.  I outlined the edges with a multi-liner and colored it in with Copic markers, adding sparkle with a gold gel pen.  The flame is actually one of the leaves from the little floral fruit/flower cluster.  You could actually use the jelly jar die upside down to make a smaller pillar candle in a similar fashion.  


If you follow me on Instagram or if you've read much of my blog, you might know that I spin my own yarn and usually spin with either a spindle or wheel every single day, so of course I *had* to use the ball of yarn from this new set on my card!  There is almost always a spindle or a ball of yarn on our table!  


On the inside of my card I stamped a sentiment from another one of our Christmas stamp sets that has the same lovely font.  I love using shimmering gold ink and usually stamp off with some brown ink first so that the gold ink shows up a little more clearly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment