Thursday, May 6, 2021

Lazy Birthday Morning Cuppa Joe!


Tuesday was my neighbor's birthday.  He grew up in Puerto Rico where his grandpa owned a coffee farm, so I often make coffee-themed cards for his birthday.  

This designer paper from the quite lovely and feminine Blossom pad reminded me of men's silk PJs with a monogrammed pocket, so I was inspired to cut out a collar, placket and a pocket embossed with a sentiment.  Edging everything in white (like white piping on a sewn garment) helps the design features to stand out more rather than disappearing against that intricate background.


I used a combination of sentiments inside and out from our coffee sets and birthday sets.  Even though the fonts are not the same, they harmonize well together.

It's so much fun to truly personalize a hand-made card!  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment