Thursday, April 22, 2021

Old Glory!


I love stamping and sharing patriotic cards!  My dad was a WWII veteran, my brother flew F-14 Tomcats for the Navy, and my husband is USN retired, so our family has an acute awareness of what it means to serve this great nation.  And yes, even with all of its tension and strife, to me it is still the greatest country on earth!   God Bless America!  (If you're not American, I hope you feel this way about your country too!)


I love this image of our country and flag from Stamp Simply's set, Old Glory!  I think it is beautiful, and it is also fun to color!  Here I used Copic markers, with splashes of diluted gold Delicata ink and also diluted white acrylic paint.  The vivid colors of the Grunge background papers really make those splashes pop!  


Here's a shot of the Old Glory sentiment which was stamped first with stamped off Memento Rich Cocoa ink before being stamped again with Delicata Golden Glitz.  I find that doing it that way helps to make the text more crisp and legible, although it is still quite difficult to get a good photo of it!  (It might have been quite nice stamped and embossed in white! Maybe I'll try that next time!)  


The inside repeats the same papers/colors, using the fishtail banner die for a medal/military feel.  This sentiment is from a companion set that comes in the trio bundle with Old Glory and the matching dies.

Since this will go to a male service member, I chose to keep the embellishments fairly low-key (my guys don't like lots of frills and fanciness!)

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment