Thursday, January 28, 2021

Vintage Romantic Valentine


Hello again!  Can you believe that January is almost over and that Valentine's Day is just around the corner?!  If you aren't ready yet, there is still time to order paper and stamps and make a card!

If you have followed me for very long, you probably know that I have a thing for typewriters!  My dad was a pharmacist and my grandfather too!  They spent many long hours standing in front of a typewriter, typing bottle labels with medicine names and dosages from doctors' orders.  


I am blessed enough to have not one, but two of my dad's typewriters.  They're both in pretty rugged shape, but I wouldn't trade the world for them!  One of them has a groove worn deep into the space bar it was tapped so often!  


This beautiful Prima paper caught my eye and inspired a project using a combination of our new Typewritten stamps and an old favorite, Thinking of You Rose.  


The card features lots of frayed and torn edges, along with lots of layers and beautiful rich Valentine colors.


The inside has another print from the same paper pad, along with a coordinating sentiment from our Typewritten series.  I was bummed that I could not find another piece of that beautiful burgundy paper to layer underneath to add that little bit of color around the edges.  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment