Thursday, January 14, 2021

A Winter Valentine


Hello friends! 

I've been spending a bit of time snuggled up in my cushy chair in front of the fire with my spinning or knitting lately, so I suppose the chill in Florida is partly responsible for inspiring this week's Stamp Simply project!  Our design team was challenged to create a black and white card, with the extra twist of a making a Valentine if possible.  After a stroll through my designer paper and a flip through some of my new favorite sentiment sets, this is what I came up with.  


The snowman is constructed from small and large circle dies, a floral greenery die, and a hand-cut top hat. I used orange and black Copic markers to sketch in those vital snowman details and a bit of grey Copic marker for dimension.  Snowtex and clear Wink of Stella add fun texture and sparkle to the scene.

I tried really hard not to cheat!  Technically grey is black + white, right?  But of course, he did need a nose so that had to be orange!  😉


And here's a peek at the sparkly snowflake that accents the sentiment inside...


...and oops, I did cheat a bit more to add a tiny red heart to the inside!  

Supplies:

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute! Love that snowman and the background is very fun. Sweet sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete