Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends, and happy Thursday to all of you!  I am here today with an ultra clean and simple Stamp Simply Thanksgiving Day card.  


This sheet of beautiful Wonderful Autumn designer paper, with its growth ring design, seemed a perfect match for the sentiment, "Count Your Blessings!"  The sentiment peeks through a circular opening cut along the lines of the growth rings, with rich bronze matting paper and Delicata ink reflecting the lovely colors of the print.  

I thought this paper was simply too gorgeous to cover up, hence the clean, uncluttered design.  I debated adding a ribbon (it would be beautiful with one of our beige/pink variegated silks), and indeed I would have if this had been a top-folding card (where I could've positioned it in the upper right corner), but this side-folding card looked better without it.  


Inside there is another sentiment stamped on a strip of the same designer paper, with a shock of wheat accenting the opposite corner.


The simplicity of the layout, the shimmering bronze ink and metallic paper give the card a subtle elegance. 


Supplies:
I am certainly counting my blessings today!  This year has been one that has made me ever so much more aware of the simple things that are truly the most meaningful things of life!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment