Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Don't Forget Your Jacket!


Yesterday was our first really chilly morning here in Florida (it was in the 40s).  I was going through papers and stamps for my Stamp Simply tag trio project and envisioned local moms shouting, "Don't forget your jacket!" as their kids were running out the door!  Honestly though, here in the South we have had as many or more Christmases in shorts as sweaters!  You never really quite know what you're gonna get!


These little cuties were fun to make!  I used grommet tags folded in half and topped with fishtail banners for the tabs, and even used the grommet tags as backgrounds for a couple of the images.  I drew simple little hats and headbands to fit the Stick Kids.  For some I fussy-cut and popped up portions to add some dimension, and for others I just stamped them single layer.  


It was fun to make them "fraternal triplets" using the same papers and colors but different layouts.  Another thing I love is that these are rather generic and would work for Christmas, Hanukkah, a Winter birthday, or for just about any Winter occasion!  Our new Typewritten Year Round Greetings covers occasions year-round!


I reached deep into my stash for the embellishments for this project!  I haven't used brads in ages!  I had some snowy sparkly ones that worked well for this theme, although I ran out of white and had to use one silver one.  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment