Thursday, August 6, 2020

Rejoice and Be Glad!


If you're like I am lately, you could use a little encouragement and a reminder that each and every day brings new mercies and another opportunity to rejoice and be glad.  We can find joy in the everyday simple things, and there is always something for which to be grateful.  That's the spirit of today's Stamp Simply project.  


We are approaching the hottest, most humid part of Summer, but as I sit at our breakfast table, the Zebra butterflies are fluttering and the hummingbird still visits the feeders.  I am savoring those sightings and realizing that there were a lot of simple joys in my busier BC (before Covid) life that I was too distracted to see so while I am struggling with cabin fever these days, it has its merits! Still, I am looking forward to Fall when the weather is cooler and we can enjoy dinner on the patio again.  

It was a delight to work with this Fall color scheme, beautiful leaves and accompanying scriptures stamps, and lovely Graphic 45 designer papers.  I used Copic markers to color the leaf and acorns,  and then added gold and clear Wink of Stella to deepen the shading and add some sparkle.  Fall truly is magical!  


I am so not a morning person, and since it usually takes a cup of coffee or tea for me to "rise and shine" I very nearly included one on the inside of this card, but ended up opting to keep it simple and stay with the leaves and acorns theme.  Fun either way!

Be sure to visit the Stamp Simply blog to see more Fall ideas from the rest of our design team!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment