Thursday, March 12, 2020

An Easter Window


Hello again!  Happy Thursday!  

I've been Spring cleaning this week, and in the process of going through my craft studio, came across an earlier card that inspired today's Stamp Simply project.  

These beautiful Craft Consortium Watercolour designer papers remind me so much of a stained glass window.  I wanted to use them for the inside of my card and then used the scraps from that to form the shape of the Cross on the card front.  The sentiment is stamped on a scrap using the other side of the same designer print.  


I used ribbons and flowers in a Trinity of colors that harmonized with the beautiful hues of the paper, with a few rhinestones for a little sparkle.


The inside features a peek-through oval window with the most famous Bible scripture ever, John 3:16.  


There was room for embellishment on the inside, but with the busy-ness of the printed paper, I opted to leave it clean and simple, allowing the scripture to be the center of attention.  


Here's what the card looks like from a bird's-eye point of view.  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment